We assist our clients in implementing and maintaining highly effective risk, governance and controls processes and frameworks.
Our core advisory and consulting services include:
- Risk advisory
- Internal and operational audits
- Business continuity
- Corporate governance
- Project management governance
Amongst the key benefits for our clients are:
- Enhanced financial and operational risk management
- Integrated risk management strategies and frameworks
- Effective project management and governance
- Enhanced process and control frameworks
A sample of our Australian and international experience is outlined below:
- Responsibility for the Crane Group’s recognition – as one of only five amongst the top 250 Australian listed companies – in achieving the highest rating for corporate governance compliance.
- Leading a significant business transformation initiative for a large Sovereign Wealth Fund (US $12B) in the Middle East, including the design and implementation of board structure, governance, risk management and internal audit frameworks.
- Establishing and managing highly effective business improvement, governance, internal audit and risk management functions at British American Tobacco (BAT), P&O, Crane Group and NRMA Insurance. Within the BAT Group as a whole, recognised within just one year for establishing the company’s most efficient and commercially-driven internal audit function worldwide.
- Implementing risk management frameworks for organisations in both the private and public sectors (including NSW Treasury, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Australian Building and Construction Commission, Telstra SNP, Universities Admissions Centre, Diocese of Parramatta), covering practical controls to mitigate risks in such areas as contracts, projects, systems implementation, business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Implementing a business continuity management framework for the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Providing risk management consulting, strategic reviews and advice for WorkCover’s Investment Division, Universities Admission Centre, Sydney Water Corporation and RTA.
- Providing project management controls advice for the Federal Department of Commerce.
- Conducting internal audit and risk management benchmarking exercises for Sydney Water Corporation and Transgrid.
- Advising on strategic internal audit management for a major Malaysian organisation.
- Providing control and risk management structures and disciplines for major projects, restructures, contracts, and large ERP contracts and systems development/implementation (e.g. $120M).
- Delivering project management training programs (using PMBOK qualification) for the Australian Institute of Management, HP and Frost & Sullivan (UK).
- Developing project control and capital expenditure guidelines for managing major projects, including a large multinational’s plant refurbishment in the UK (GBP 250M) and the redevelopment of factories in PNG and the Solomon Islands.
Public Sector and Not-for-Profit Specialisation
We have a significant specialist public sector and not-for-profit practice, our expertise includes:
- Developing risk management frameworks for major public sector agencies and not-for-profit organisations
- Developing business continuity management frameworks for a public sector agency
- Designing and developing an internal audit and risk management manual for use by the NSW Government
- Undertaking risk management and internal audit strategic reviews/advice for major not-for-profit bodies and public sector organisations in the legal, transport, utility, energy, education and insurance spheres
- Advising on project management controls for a major NSW Government department.